1-1/2 oz Whaleback Spiced Rum
1 oz mulberry syrup*
8 mint leaves
Juice from 1/2 lime
Sprite to top
*Mulberry syrup: Heat 1 cups washed mulberries with 3 cups simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water) to rolling boil. Stir frequently while heating for 20 minutes. Let cool and strain to remove berry seeds and stems. It make take a second straining to remove all.
1. Muddle syrup, mint and lime juice in bottom of shaker.
2. Add ice and rum. Shake well.
3. Pour all into a tall collins glass.
4. Top with Sprite and stir.
5. Garish with mint sprig and lime wedge.