3/4 C dark brown sugar (packed)
6 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 C honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
pinch of salt
1 C Whaleback Spiced Rum
2 C boiling water
4 cinnamon sticks for garnish
Optional: preheat mugs by filling them with boiling water, and let them warm while completing steps below. Empty them of the hot water just before step 4.
1. Beat with an electric mixer the brown sugar, butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a large bowl until well blended.
2. Add the Whaleback Spiced Rum and then the boiling water.
3. Stir until the butter mixture dissolves.
4. Pour or ladle into 4 mugs. (Can be microwaved to higher heat if desired or to reheat later.)
5. Garnish each with a cinnamon stick.